GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Rauno Nurger scored 14 points and fifth-ranked Wichita State shook off a slow start to roll past East Carolina 95-60 on Thursday night.
Shaquille Morris added 12 points for the Shockers (14-2), who improved to 4-0 in their first season in the American Athletic Conference.
Wichita State trailed 14-9 early after a 3-for-12 shooting start, but the Shockers quickly settled in to take complete control. Wichita State went ahead for good on a 15-0 run, part of a 36-9 avalanche to close the first half and drain the fight out of a once-feisty Minges Coliseum crowd.
By the time the Shockers added two more baskets to open the second half, Wichita State led 49-23 and soon had many fans streaming toward the exits.
B.J. Tyson scored 16 points for the Pirates (7-9, 1-4), who shot 32 percent in the opening half to quickly see any chance of an upset disintegrate.
- LeBron James, Cavs Lose Second Consecutive Game In Blowout Fashion SITime
- Hornets Head Coach Steve Clifford Has Been Medically Cleared To Return To Coaching SITime
- Report: Heat Guard Dion Waiters to Have Season-Ending Ankle Surgery SITime
- Big Baller Brand in Big Trouble? LaVar Ball Could Lose Business Credibility SITime
- How Raiders Could Be Punished if Team Violated Rooney Rule SITime
- Texas Knocks Off No. 16 TCU, Honor Teammate Diagnosed With Leukemia SITime
- Report: Outfielder Jay Bruce Signs Three-Year Deal With Mets SITime
- How The Remaining Playoff Teams Built Through Their Offensive Lines SITime
- Former GM Scot McCloughan On New Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst SITime
Ver noticia en Trending